Contact details

contact email address politicodaily@aol.co.uk

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Statement from Mark Pritchard

After news this morning that the Metropolitan Police have dropped an investigation into an allegation of rape against the Conservative MP Mark Pritchard, Mr Pritchard made the following statement outside the Palace of Westminster:

"Good morning.

I am pleased to announce that I will face no further action relating to the false allegation made against me.

The last few weeks have been a testing time.

I'm glad it's over.


I would like to thank my solicitor David Osborne for his sound legal advice.

I would like to thank the Metropolitan Police and the Crown prosecution Service for their thoroughness - attention to detail - and professionalism.

Most of all - I would like to thank my friends - in and outside of Parliament - and my constituents who have kindly emailed - telephoned - and written to me - offering their support.


To be falsely accused of anything - is an awful thing.

My accuser - is single - well educated - and in her mid 30s.

For the record - I was in a full consenting relationship with her. The evidence supported this.

It was only when I 'ended' the relationship - she concocted her vindictive and outrageous story.

Sadly - as an MP - sometimes - you have target on your back........

Of course she remains anonymous

The law on anonymity does need to be reviewed and 'fairness' does need to play a far greater role in these cases.

I am now oin to et on wit servin my constituents."