Labour say their 10-Year Plan will:
- Invest in staff so the NHS has time to care
- Integrate care from home to hospital
- Give patients’ new rights to access care
- End the neglect of mental health
- Prevent ill-health
- Restore the right values to the NHS
Commenting Shadow Health Secretary, Andy Burnham, said: "Labour activists will be campaigning in well over one hundred seats across the country this weekend. We will be talking about Labour’s Time to Care Fund that invests an extra £2.5 billion a year in the NHS to support 20,000 more nurses, 8,000 more GPs and 5,000 more home care workers. Only Labour will guarantee GP appointments within 48 hours and cancer tests within a week too. This weekend’s campaigners will leave people in no doubt as to why you can’t trust David Cameron with the NHS."
"Tory activists must be ready to answer why they’ve made it harder to see a GP, why A&Es are in crisis and why operation waiting lists are spiralling." Mr Burnham added.